Easy Instant Pot Short Ribs are packed with flavor and oh so tender! Your family and friends will be thrilled by this easy weeknight dinner.
Every single member of my family from my husband down to the toddler loves Short Ribs!
This is my go-to recipe for Easy Instant Pot Short Ribs because it is made up of mostly Asian pantry ingredients I always keep on hand. I always have soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, brown sugar and garlic in my house. The only fresh ingredient you may not have is the ginger and that can be substituted with 2 tsp. of ground ginger or 2 tbsp. of refrigerated ginger paste. When I want an easy meal with bold flavors I always turn to these Easy Instant Pot Short Ribs.
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe. Take Care!
Easy Instant Pot Short Ribs
- Instant Pot or Pressure Cooker
- Microplane Grater
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Cutting Board and Knife
- Rimmed Baking Sheet Tray
- 2 pounds Beef Chuck Short Ribs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons Grapeseed Oil or other unflavored vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup Tamari or Soy Sauce Low Sodium
- 1/2 cup Beef Broth
- 3 tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Sesame Oil
- 3 tablespoons Brown Sugar Packed
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves Finely Grated
- 1 inch Fresh Ginger Finely Grated
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Sesame Seeds Toasted, For Garnish
- 3 Stalks Green Onion Tops, Avoid the White Sliced on the Bias, For Garnish
- Rub Short Ribs with Salt, Pepper, Chinese Five Spice, Garlic Powder and Onion Powder
- Add Vegetable Oil to pot and Brown Short Ribs using the Browning Setting on your Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker. No need to brown on every side. 2-3 Sides is enough.
- Finely Grate the Garlic Cloves and Fresh Ginger.
- In a small bowl, whish together the Tamari, Beef Broth, Rice Wine Vinegar, Sesame Seed Oil, Brown Sugar, Garlic and Ginger. Pour Mixture over the Short Ribs.
- Set Machine on High Pressure for 1 Hour. When the hour is up, carefully release the pressure according to your manufacturers instructions and place the short ribs on a rimmed baking sheet in a 450° oven to brown them a bit. Should take 5-10 minutes.
- Skim off fat that has risen to the top of the sauce with a ladle. Mix together the water and cornstarch and pour it into the remaining sauce. Set the machine to the browning setting and whisk the sauce. Allow the sauce to reduce until it thickens and takes on a glaze like consistency.
- Serve Beef Short Ribs with Jasmine Rice, Roasted Broccoli and sauce generously with the prepared glaze. Garnish with Toasted Sesame Seeds and Sliced Green Onion tops. Enjoy!
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products I use and love in my own kitchen. Thank you for supporting ordinaryfeast.com through your purchases!